Last Updated on
EVALUATE. Female fertility testing is completed when conception does not occur after one year of unprotected intercourse or after six months in women over the age of 35, or if there are other identified issues causing infertility, a medical evaluation for both the male and female partner is recommended at LIV.
Female fertility testing is performed to confirm you have been ovulating, to predict when you will be ovulating next, to evaluate ovarian function or reserve, to test whether or not you did ovulate in the current cycle, and to measure how receptive your uterus is to pregnancy during the second half of your cycle.
Your LIV Fertility doctor will review the following topics:
- Menstrual history
- Pregnancy history
- Birth control history
- History of sexually transmitted diseases
- Current sexual patterns
- Surgical history
- Other significant health problems
- Lifestyle and work environment
Female Fertility Testing
- Thyroid exam.
- Hair distribution.
- Breast examination.
- Pelvic examination.
- Blood Tests and Ultrasound.
Ovarian Function Testing
- Day 3 FSH. This is a blood test taken on day 3 of your menstrual cycle.
- Day 3 Estradiol Tests. This measures the amount of estrogen in your blood.
- Ultrasound. A transvaginal pelvic ultrasound may be performed several days after the LH surge.
Luteal Phase Testing
- Plasma progesterone level. A blood test in the last part of your cycle.
- Hormone tests. Blood test to measure the amount of prolactin, androgen and thyroid stimulating hormone.
- Endometrial biopsy. Performed after day 21, testing a small piece of tissue from the uterine lining.
Evaluation of the Cervical Mucus
- Postcoital test (PCT) Performed mid-cycle, shortly after intercourse,.
Contact LIV Fertility
We honor our commitment to bringing together affordability in an enviable retreat destination. Ask about our all-inclusive treatment packages.
Find peace of mind on your journey to parenthood with our IVF-FET Guarantee, as we understand the monetary weight of IVF treatment and the uncertainties that come with it.
IVF Success Stories
Every LIV success story introduces you to LIV in a new way. Every individual story is a testament to the amazing connections we are making everyday.