Last Updated on
OPTIONS. Egg donation programs over the past decade exclusively used fresh eggs from thriving, young egg donors. One coherent option led to — recipient couples choosing a donor who was stimulated to produce multiple eggs, eggs retrieved and fertilized with sperm resulting in fresh embryos, embryos transferred to the female recipient, and the remaining embryos frozen for future embryo transfer procedures (if needed).
With the recent industrialized advancements at the LIV Fertility Center in Puerto Vallarta, egg freezing technology allows couples the option of using fresh or frozen donor eggs.
Fresh vs. Frozen Donor Eggs
Traditional egg donation indicates a process in which a prospective egg donor is recruited, undergoes a rigorous screening process, synchronization with the recipient’s cycle and the required egg retrieval.
With the prevalent introduction of egg freezing at the LIV Fertility Center, there are several advantages when selecting between fresh vs frozen donated eggs.
Advantages of Frozen Donor Eggs
- Frozen egg are immediately available
- No need for cycle synchronization
- Cycles can be scheduled when convenient for recipient
- Donor previously screened
- Fewer cycle terminations
- 100% chance of receiving mature eggs
- Lower cost per cycle
Advantages of Fresh Donor Eggs
- Closer communication between the fertility center and the donor
- The pool of eggs collected are not shared or divided
- Higher fertilization rates and greater chance of having extra embryos frozen
- Higher chance to have biological siblings
Get a FREE quote for Egg Donation IVF
We honor our commitment to bringing together affordability in an enviable retreat destination. Ask about our all-inclusive treatment packages.
Find peace of mind on your journey to parenthood with our IVF-FET Guarantee, as we understand the monetary weight of IVF treatment and the uncertainties that come with it.
IVF Success Stories
Every LIV success story introduces you to LIV in a new way. Every individual story is a testament to the amazing connections we are making everyday.