The past in meant to teach you how to live in the present, so you can enjoy your future.
Mini IVF Mexico
INNOVATION: Cheaper is not always better. There have been several IVF Mexico Packages modified to fit each individual patient’s needs, this is because we understand the complexity of the diagnosis and know that packages need to be adjusted to fit each individual patient. These adjustments, or modifications, are meant to assist patients with their fertility treatment expenses. One of these packages is a Mini IVF Mexico. A Mini IVF Mexico is performed when the Ovaries are stimulated to get a small number of Eggs to fertilize. deliberately planned, low follicular response, is sought after by a patient, by using substantially less Ovarian Stimulation Medication, there will be a lot less Follicles to be punctured, thus giving you less Eggs, which will give you less Embryos.
Although this does not sound logical, there are reasons for the deliberately low response. Women have opted for a Mini IVF Mexico instead of a Conventional IVF Mexico for several reasons, we will try to explain those reason and see if this is convenient for your procedure or if the Conventional IVF Mexico is the way to go.
Why choose a Mini IVF Mexico over a Conventional IVF Mexico?
If you want us to be honest with you, then you should NOT choose a Mini over a Conventional, however, if you are willing to roll the dice, accept the chances and try anyway, then here is some information that you should know.
Medically and logically speaking, when the task of creating life it at stake, we would like to have the most and highest chances at a positive result, so the more material we have to work with, the better the chances of success. We will always want more Eggs, more Sperm Cells to create more Embryos. By performing a Mini IVF Mexico, you are cutting the number of Eggs down dramatically and this will directly affect the outcome of the treatment. LIV will recommend that you become very well informed on the differences before making this extremely important decision.
Who can be eligible for a Mini IVF Mexico and why?
The circumstances of the infertility will determine the smartest path to follow, please go into this process with an open mind and willing to change the plan if needed. There is a very small percentage of patients who can be candidates for a Mini IVF Mexico. If there are any type of fertility issues such as PCOS, Endometriosis, Low Follicle count, DOR, then the Mini IVF Mexico will be automatically eliminated as an option for the treatment. There must be a logical reason, a high possibility of success, no inner lying infertility issues, a religious desire, or scientifically proven factors that gives you realistic chances of success.
Reason 1: Age and expected response to medication.
- When patients (women) are between the ages of 18 – 27 and are needing an IVF Mexico for unexplained infertility or a cause that is not severe, is when a Mini IVF Mexico can be considered.
- Younger women are expected to respond to the Ovarian Stimulation Medication a lot more than older women, so the theory is that even if we use less medication, the response should still give younger women an acceptable result to have enough Eggs or Embryos for a successful pregnancy.
Reason 2: Religion or spiritual beliefs
- Couples have expressed the desire to have no Embryos cryopreserved or left over from an IVF. Because of personal beliefs or culture norms, having Embryos cryopreserved, is seen as a negative situation and some religions or beliefs do not allow for this to happen.
- A Mini IVF Mexico is intended to stimulate enough follicles to gather only enough eggs to have enough Embryos for only 1 Embryos transfer. Cryopreserving Embryos is not part of the package nor plan.
- Any more than 2 Embryos will be discarded if they are not cryopreserved. This will be a previously consented to decision by both patients and the proper consent forms will be filled out.
- Science is not accepted in some cultures and religions, so these beliefs will directly affect the choices and recommendations on fertility treatments.
Reason 3: Economy and cost of treatments
- Unfortunately for some couples, the cost of fertility treatments is extremely expensive and out of their reach. A Mini IVF Mexico is intended to lower the amount of money invested in having a baby, however, cheaper is not always better when it comes to infertility.
- You will spend less money on the Stimulation Medication, yes, but you will also get a result that is risky since you will only have 1 shot at a pregnancy with the Embryos that are created. So, this can turn out to be more expensive in the long run, if the first Embryo Transfer is not successful.
- If there are enough Embryos to cryopreserve the remaining: then there will be a cost for a 2nd The Mini IVF Mexico does not include the 2nd FET attempt if the first is negative.
You will be given recommendations and advice when selecting the best fertility treatment for your individual circumstances. Please take these recommendations seriously and trust in LIV Medical Team, they are here to make sure that you have the highest chance at having a baby.
Contra-Indications for a Mini IVF Mexico
When evaluating the specific reason for the Mini IVF Mexico, our Journey Coordinator will ask several questions to identify the logic behind the desire. LIV is open to discussion on all treatments, however, as soon as an issue is identified that will eliminate the possibility of success, then the decision becomes the responsibility of LIV Medical Team to approve or disapprove of the process. There must be an understandable justification for wanting the Mini IVF Mexico instead of the Conventional IVF Mexico. Your Coordinator and LIV Medical Team will review the information available and determine if the Mini IVF Mexico is the safest and smartest option for your journey. Please keep an open mind and evaluate the explanations given by your Coordinator.
- Make sure to review the IVF Mexico packages and options before making any final decisions.
Procedure Cost and overview:
A benefit of performing a Conventional IVF Mexico is the availability of a 2nd Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)if the first transfer is negative and if you still have Embryos cryopreserved from the IVF Mexico. A Mini IVF Mexico does not include this 2nd FET if the first is negative, mainly because there should not be any left-over Embryos to cryopreserve since all the Embryos would have been transferred on the initial Embryo Transfer.
In case you are lucky enough to have multiple Embryos with a Mini IVF Mexico, they there will be 1 or 2 transferred, and the rest will be cryopreserved. The additional cost that can be associated with this better than expected result is the following:
- Cryopreservation of remaining Embryos: Additional cost
- The thawing of the remaining Embryos when ready to transfer: Additional cost
- The 2nd Frozen Embryos Transfer: Additional cost
- The Endometrial Preparation Protocol: Additional cost
- Medication for Endometrial preparation: Additional cost
- Travel expenses for 8-10 days: Additional cost
It is very important that you take these factors into consideration when deciding on the treatment that LIV will be performing. We have made very precise calculations when creating the IVF Packages and take everything needed into consideration with the intention of you having the highest chances of success, without sacrificing the quality of the service and medication needed. When patients have the need or desire of lowering the cost even more, by sacrificing very important requirements of an IVF Mexico, then this becomes the social responsibility of LIV Fertility Center, to inform everyone involved of the pros and cons of all options available for discussion
As for the preparation and time required to dedicate to a Mini IVF Mexico, this will be the exact same as a Conventional IVF Mexico; 21 natural days starting on day 2 of the menstrual cycle. Just because you are using less medication to lower the price, does not mean the time is also affected, you will still need to dedicate 3 complete weeks to the process.
Step by Step Analysis: Mini IVF Mexico
Step 1: Testing and Evaluation
- Female: Hormone Levels, STD Testing, Ultrasounds, Saline Infused Sonohysterogram (SIS)
- Male: Complete Semen Analysis, STD Testing
Step 2: LIV Medical Authorization
- LIV Medical Team will evaluate the test results and approve either the Mini or the Conventional IVF Mexico.
Step 3: Medical indications for Pre-Arrival
- Supplement list, vitamins
- Birth control pills indications
- Other medicine indications
Step 4: Arrival to LIV Fertility Center in Puerto Vallarta (Recommended time to be in PV – 21 natural days)
- Indications will be given to arrive on Day 2 – 3 of Menstrual Cycle, for initial consultation.
- Begin Ovarian Stimulation, indication will be given based on the this visit.
- Follow ups and indications will be given as the results are presented.
Step 5: Egg Retrieval Mini IVF Mexico
- When follicles are mature, the tentative dates will be given to provide the Sperm Sample.
- The estimated number of follicles that are expected to respond is between 6 – 10 follicles.
- The Egg Retrieval will be performed approximately on day 13-15 of the menstrual cycle.
- The Eggs will be fertilized by ICSI Mexico Technique, on the same day of the Egg Retrieval.
- Following the Egg Retrieval, having a day or two of rest is always a good idea, indications for post retrieval care will be provided.
Step 6: Embryo Transfer
- The Embryos will be constantly monitored during their development.
- During the Embryo Development the good quality Embryos will proceed to transfer.
- There will be abnormal or low-quality Embryos identified, these will be discarded automatically.
- LIV normally transfer 2 Embryos at a time, with a Mini IVF Mexico, 2 of the Blastocyst Embryos will be selected for the Embryo Transfer.
- If there are more than 2 Embryos, the ones that are not transferred will be cryopreserved or destroyed. This will be the decision of each individual patient, consent forms will be previously signed and agreed to.
Step 7: Return Home, perform BETA pregnancy test.
- 14 natural days following the embryo transfer, you will be asked to perform the 1st blood pregnancy test. Urine pregnancy tests can be performed but will not be considered the official result.
- 16 natural days following the embryo transfer, you will be asked to perform the 2nd blood pregnancy test, to verify the previous results.
Step 8: POST Mini IVF Mexico indications
- Depending on the results of the BETA pregnancy test, you will be given indication on how to continue.
- Positive BETA: Congratulation! You will be given a list of medication and indications for the first trimester of the pregnancy. Your OB-Gynecologist will take over from this point with the assistance of LIV Medical Team.
- Negative BETA: You will be given indications on how to stop the medication and start preparing for the next step.
By providing accurate and honest information, we allow for our patients to make educated decisions based on proven scientific evidence. We want each patient to attempt a procedure with confidence and security that the decision made is the best for their circumstances. LIV Fertility Center considers itself as educators as well as the best fertility team in the world. We pride ourselves in solving problems and creating opportunities for everyone to achieve their dream of motherhood.
We believe in the power of faith and desire, the power of attraction, the power of free will and decision, so we will make sure that you are well informed on what the best plan of action can be. Allow us to show you the true power of science and show you how LIV Fertility Center has modernized the fertility field. We have created or perfected procedures and processes that will give you higher chances when before there were none. We have created roads to success where in the past these roads were dead ends, created lights at the end of the dark tunnels, so you can believe in your dream of motherhood once again. All we ask is that you give us the chance to make your dreams our goals.